“Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.” - Information Commissioner’s Office
We use the following types of cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies These cookies are essential for Latest Deals to work e.g. cookies that allow you to login to your account.
- Functionality cookies These are cookies that help improve your experience on Latest Deals e.g. to remember personal preferences or to work out how many new posts there have been since your last visit.
- Analytical / performance cookies These cookies help us understand how people use Latest Deals so that we can, for example, improve the website or add new features.
- Targeting cookies These cookies are used so that we can advertise Latest Deals and it's services on other platforms (e.g. Facebook)
- Third party cookies These cookies are used to provide integrations with other services - e.g. to login with Facebook or to show an embedded youtube video.
Below is a more detailed list of some of the cookies we use and the reasons why:
- Session (ldSession) This cookie is used so we can know where your current session on Latest Deals began (e.g. that you came from our Facebook page, or were recommended by another member). This lets us award points for people recommending friends and work out which of our channels (e.g. social media, our app, etc) are most popular.
- Last Seen (postLastSeen) This tells us when you last visited the Latest Deals homepage. We use this information to show you how many new posts there have been since your last visit.
- Authentication (token, user, sessionId) We use these cookies to handle user login, for security and to prevent abuse or breach of our terms and conditions.
- Google Analytics (_ga, _gid, _gat*) These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. Read Google’s overview of privacy and safeguarding data.
- Youtube (various cookies from youtube.com) We embed videos from YouTube using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. Read YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
- Facebook (various cookies from facebook.com) We use Facebook as an optional way to join/login to Latest Deals, as well as providing share and like buttons on the website.
How do I change my cookie settings?
You can disable cookies or customise your cookie settings in your browser settings.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
In order to try and provide all the information you're legally entitled to we have, in part, used wording from the Information Commissioner's Office own website.
If anyone requires any further information or believes we should be providing additional details please get in touch and we will try and rectify any issues as soon as possible. Thanks